Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-003-EGR: System Administrator/Vault Security Specialist
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking a System Administrator with Vault Security responsibilities at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio. This is a highly visible position providing Systems Admin support with opportunities for continued career growth as you acquire more skills/training. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and eligibility for a Secret clearance. You will work with a small team but interface daily with many customers. Systems Administration responsibilities will include support for high performance workstations, servers, and clusters including hardware and software installation, upgrades, network and storage management, and inventory management (CMDB), and training on vault security duties.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources,
systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs, such as back-ups
• Perform daily back-up operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks, and media is recycled and sent off site, as necessary
• Upgrade and configure system software per project or operational needs. Participate in the development or modification of the computer environment IA security program plans and requirements
• Recognize a possible security violation and take appropriate action to report the incident, as required
• Supervise or manage protective or corrective measures when an IA incident or vulnerability is discovered
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures and coordinate/communicate with impacted
• Complete risk management framework (RMF) packages for stand-alone and enterprise architectures
• Create new processes and have the technical acumen to identify and communicate efficiencies to enhance
established processes and procedures
• Maintain Configuration Management Database (CMDB) of hardware and software inventory
• Other duties as assigned
Responsibilities include the following duties related to supporting security and vault activities:
• Provide security support to ensure the protection and safeguarding of Collateral, SCI, and SAP activities.
• Provide direct support to the customer in the day-to-day administration and oversight responsibilities of classified activities and development of local policies and procedures in accordance with applicable directives.
• Vault inspections, alarm tests, vault training, maintaining documentation with alternate custodian
• Other security duties as assigned
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to duties assigned or combination of military experience and 3+ years of systems Admin experience
• U.S. Citizenship Required
• Eligibility to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (ex. ComptiaCompTIA Security+) Preferred and will provide training as required
• Ability to troubleshoot problems with customer computer systems, software, hardware, configurations
• Proven problem-solving skills and Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Customer service focused attitude, ability to prioritize tasks
• Knowledge of networks, clusters
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products – Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Visio (desired)
• Knowledge of relevant system administration processes
1. Hardware install, configuration, update, upgrade
2. Operating system install, configuration, update, upgrade
3. Software purchase, install, configuration, update, upgrade, license
4. Applying STIG policies and settings
• Working knowledge and experience of up to date system administration techniques and methods such as Group Policy, automation / scripting (powershell, python), and/or orchestration management technologies such as Puppet or Ansible
• Vault security, processes, procedures and operations
• Knowledge and familiarity with Air Force RMF packages a plus
Riverside Research will consider other qualified candidates with various years of applicable experience and education.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.