Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-004-RDL: Radar Systems Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
Riverside Research is seeking a full time Senior Radar Systems Engineer to provide radar system engineering, data analysis and test support to a variety of national radar programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
Our Radar Assessment and Development Group is a collaborative group of System and Software Engineers supporting development, implementation, and assessment of radar system algorithm functionality and mission performance. We provide trusted technical solutions to customers tasked with developing, sustaining, and modernizing assets to meet evolving missions.
• U.S. Citizenship required
• Must have eligible Secret security clearance, (TS/SCI Preferred)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Math, Physics or comparable scientific field. Master’s Degree preferred
• Radar systems engineering experience
• 10+ years of directly applicable engineering experience conducting and leading data analysis and formal testing of large-scale phased-array radar systems that support multiple national missions: Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Missile Warning, Space Surveillance and Ballistic Missile Technical Collection (BMTC)
• Solid understanding of radar system functionality, performance limitations, and mission support requirements MATLAB required, C/C++ , Java, SIMULINK, and Machine Learning also desirable
• Experience with Digital Signal Processing, RF/Microwave Engineering, Antennas, Electromagnetic Fields and Waves, Communications Systems, Probability/Noise & Stochastic Processes, Microwave Circuits and Networks
• Technical expertise in the following principles: signal processing, RF wideband or narrowband signatures, software driven-design, migration of legacy systems to modern architecture and RF energy management
• Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships and identify and pursue emerging opportunities such as BAA’s, SBIRs, and IRADs, RFI’s & RFP’s.
• Technical analysis capabilities to support senior decision makers on the modernization of a legacy phased array radar
• Understand core principles of Phased Array radar system functions and their interfaces to broader command and control assets
• Self-starter and Self-motivated to learn mission system, identify and succinctly communicate issues and solutions for senior leader use and understanding
• Willingness to directly support and be collocated with Government customers
• Understanding of software architecture concepts that support implementation of agile software sustainment principles
• Active Secret security clearance required with eligibility for Top Secret/SCI
• Bachelor’s Degree Required. Prefer degree programs in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Math, or Physics. Master’s Degree Preferred
• 5+ years of work experience
• Solid understanding of radar system functionality, performance limitations, and mission support requirements MATLAB required, C/C++ , Java, SIMULINK, and Machine Learning also desirable;
• Experience with Digital Signal Processing, RF/Microwave Engineering, Antennas, Electromagnetic Fields and Waves, Communications Systems, Probability/Noise & Stochastic Processes, Microwave Circuits and Networks.
• Work experience with COBRA DANE, UEWR, BMEWS, PAVE PAWS, PARCS or similar radar systems
• Experience working in/supporting a Government program office
• Experience with Missile Defense, Space Surveillance and/or Missile Warning mission support and operations
• Expertise with architecture and software pipeline management tools
• Experience supporting, managing or facilitating major process cultural change within an organization
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.