Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-007-RDL: Acquisition Strategy and Documentation Subject Matter Expert
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Acquisition Strategy and Documentation Subject Matter Expert to work on-site at Hanscom Air Force Base in Lexington, MA.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
HIRES WITH AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS.
• Work proactively, with minimal supervision, and effectively communicate verbally and in writing, providing quality acquisition and program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.)
• Plans, researches, analyzes and assesses system acquisition in terms of development, production, and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment; formulates plans and recommends innovative and effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule, and performance objectives
Collaborates with a diverse group of multi-USAF stakeholders (SAF/AQ, SAF/IA, and MAJCOMS) to determine specific needs and requirements and to counsel within the expertise area, to include oversight and task execution utilizing leadership, teamwork, and diplomacy
• Plans, schedules and facilitates a variety of exchanges and meetings with the program office team, stakeholders, and industry to understand program requirements and emerging commercial technologies which may address warfighter capability gaps. In the course of planning for a new ACAT I program
• Formulate, recommend, and draft the proper acquisition strategy and associated statutory and regulatory ACAT I documentations in a timely and effective manner
• Support all Acquisition Strategy reviews, develop supporting documentation, and support the Government in development and review of draft Request for Proposal (RFP) documents and RFP documents
• Support and develop acquisition reports, including statutory and regulatory reports (i.e. DAES, MAR, etc.)
• Support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS reviews
• Support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management
• Other duties as assigned
• Personnel supporting this requirement must have and maintain an active
Secret Security Clearance
in technical acquisition with DoD and/or USAF: Candidates must possess the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field and possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline
• At a minimum, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years’ of directly relevant years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed; equivalent experience may be considered for educational requirement if experience is directly related and relevant, and provides significant knowledge of customer processes and procedures.
• Requires knowledge and understanding of principles, policies and practices of systems acquisition and program management, as defined in DoDI 5000.2, as well as knowledge of roles and relationships within the DoD and the Air Force to provide strategic and tactical program planning (short-term, mid-term, and long-term plans) in furthering system mission capabilities.
• Requires knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of acquisition programs.
• Requires knowledge of support activities that assist the program manager in assessing what is within schedule and cost baselines, be able to recommend viable solutions to problems, and pursue alternative courses of action.
• Demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures, and practices in their area of expertise. (Program Office, Enterprise and Staff Level Support interface)
• Possesses experience in identifying acquisition strategy issues and proposing alternative solutions.
(e.g. agile acquisition and prototype development utilizing rapid acquisition contracting approach)
• Demonstrated experience in assisting with strategic level issues and ability to work independently as well as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities
• Possesses proven leadership, team building, strategic planning, and organizational development skills. Possesses pertinent experience with an ACAT I level program, including development of new programs with the Acquisition community
• Possesses pertinent experience in the development of RFP documentation and support of Acquisition Strategy reviews
• Demonstrated experience in packaging and presenting briefings for senior level reviews.
• Have experience initiating and managing high visibility programs
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Strong preference will be given to candidates with 10-20 years’ of experience in technical acquisition within the DoD.
• Program Control and Program Execution Group experience highly desirable.
• Knowledge of AFLCMC processes and procedures preferred, with preference for technical acquisition experience supporting AFLCMC
• Advanced Degree (MA/MS) is strongly preferred. Technical degrees strongly preferred.
• DAWIA Acquisition Professional Development Program APDP Program Manager Level II or III Certification preferred
• 10 years experience desired.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.