Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-018-OIC: Machine Learning Research Engineer
Open Innovation Center
Riverside Research is seeking a motivated Machine Learning Engineer to join our Open Innovation Center’s Machine Learning group. The ML Engineer will work to identify and assess customer needs for application of Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence technologies. The position will support both internally and externally funded research efforts to include Machine Learning for second and third generation neural network applications and research.
All positions with Riverside Research require U.S. citizenship.
• Liaison with customers to identify and assess customer systems and processes for application of Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence technologies to support customer needs
• Coordinate with external agencies and research partners on emerging methods and technologies for the application of ML/AI to their needs
• Work with Machine Learning and Data Scientists, to create and prototype machine learning approaches to demonstrate efficacy
• Support algorithm implementation in Von Neumann and neuromorphic computing environments
• Communicate advanced ML/AI concepts to senior leadership to facilitate decision making
• Perform basic and applied research in ML; document and present research results and the status of ongoing or emerging projects
• Occasional travel may be required
• Other duties as assigned
• U.S. citizenship required
• DOD Top Secret with eligibility to obtain SCI clearance
• Masters’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent
• 2+ years’ related experience in an engineering or scientific function supporting GEOINT missions, systems, and processes.
• Strong data analysis background, preferably in DoD or IC environment
• Familiarity with the principles and techniques of machine and deep learning algorithms
• Strong coding skills to include: MATLAB, Python, C/C++
• Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
• Current Top Secret with SCI clearance
• PhD strongly preferred.
• Fluency in C/C++, Unix, Matlab, Python, FPGA programming, Linux
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.