Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-012-OIC: Terahertz Research Scientist
Open Innovation Center
Riverside Research is seeking a research signal processing engineer in the Dayton, Ohio area. The candidate will assist in performing basic and applied research in terahertz (THz) science through experiment design and execution, advanced signal processing, and image reconstruction.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Conduct research with the developed system and publish papers on pilot studies in material characterization, imaging and sensing applications
• Write proposals and develop his/her own THz program within a span of five years
• Develop THz imaging and sensing systems
• Conduct supervised and unsupervised experiments
• Methodically record the observations
• Perform required signal processing in MATLAB
• Other duties as assigned
• PhD degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, or closely related field
• 5 years of work experience in research and development, inclusive of graduate work
• Ability to design and develop data acquisition and measurement systems
• Experience designing, maintaining, and performing experiments with lasers
• Knowledge of electromagnetic wave propagation and antenna theory
• Expertise with common laboratory hardware (oscilloscopes, lock-in amplifiers, data acquisition systems, spectrometers, photodetectors, amplifiers, etc.)
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
• Signal processing experience in MATLAB is required
• Experience with document control and technical writing
• Superior communications skills, written and verbal
• 5 years of work experience in research and development, exclusive of graduate work
• Experience with pulsed lasers and nonlinear optical processes
• Demonstrated skills in signal processing and image reconstruction, including real-time image reconstruction algorithm development and implementation
• Familiarity with THz optics and responses of materials at THz frequencies
• Experience performing research using time-resolved THz and/or optical measurement techniques
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.