Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-004-INF: Systems Administrator / ISSO
Riverside Research is seeking a network systems administrator with a broad range of experience to manage both classified and unclassified systems in our Boston office. The incumbent should have a variety of experience and have functioned in an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) or Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) role in the past. Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation process is foundational to a successful program. Experience with Defense Security Service (DSS) processes and procedures is an added benefit as this position will function as the ISSO for systems and networks in direct support of classified government contracts.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
HIRES WITH AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A SIGN-ON BONUS.
• Local and remote Tier 1/Tier 2 user and endpoint support including independent advanced troubleshooting and resolution documentation
• Systems administration duties for local and remote server infrastructure consisting of Microsoft Windows and Linux systems
• Provides auditing and logging of systems events for all systems under their purview
• Implements all security measures and STIGs commensurate with hardening the system(s) according to DoD, customer, and DSS policies and directives
• Coordinate and interface with external vendors and customers as necessary
• Identify and report system anomalies and incidents as required
• Creates the necessary artifacts, policies and documents necessary to satisfy the RMF process and obtain timely accreditation of all applicable systems
• Support the Corporate IT Security Administrator by providing local incident response
• Complete support and management of small-scale computing environments in support of government contracts
• System accreditation and maintenance of accreditations under the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
• Regular maintenance duties of equipment and systems as necessitated by accredited System Security Plans (SSP)
• Completion of all required inventories and audits as required by contract and outlined in the RMF process and System Security Plan (SSP)
• Management of Microsoft Windows and RedHat Enterprise Linux endpoints and servers
• Regularly interface with internal and external customers with minimal supervision
• Other duties as assigned
• An active SECRET level security clearance is required with SSBI or active Top Secret clearance
• Associate’s degree plus 5+ years’ experience in a related IT field. Experience can be used in lieu of education.
• 1 year minimum experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) or DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
• Commitment to continuous improvement of IT systems used to support larger business goals
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Attention to detail when implementing and monitoring IT systems
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team-based environment, with minimum supervision
• Required: Experience implementing and maintaining complex IT systems to include:
o Microsoft Server Products.
o Microsoft Active Directory.
o Microsoft Exchange.
• Ability to obtain and maintain IT certification (e.g. Sec+, CISSP) within 90 days of hire date if not preexisting.
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance and office atmosphere.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 5-8 years’ experience in a related IT field.
• Experience in/with Federal Government computing systems and environments.
• Experience in / familiarization with Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) duties.
• Microsoft Certification Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification.
• RedHat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification and/or CompTIA Security+ certification
• Ability to employ scripting languages when required
• RedHat Enterprise Linux / CentOS experience
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.