Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-066-INT: Geospatial Intelligence Analyst, Senior
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time senior-level Geospatial Intelligence Analyst to work in the Charlottesville, VA area. This position will support the Army National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) GEOINT production efforts by tackling tough national security challenges using your GEOINT analytic expertise.
You will be working with a team of nearly 30 Government and contractor GEOINT professionals supporting important operational overseas missions. You will have access to some of the latest imagery processing tools, techniques, algorithms, high speed computers, software packages, and robust communications. You will be challenged every day to use your GEOINT analytic expertise to produce timely and relevant intelligence products to help solve national security challenges using a variety of GEOINT data sources. You will collaborate with on-site GEOINT and all-source analysts and other Riverside Research GEOINT professionals who are supporting our other GEOINT Government customers in the Intelligence Community (IC) such as those at the U.S. Air Force National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC). The mission you will support is demanding, but you will be satisfied knowing that your work is helping to save lives.
Hires with an active TS/SCI clearance are eligible for a $ 7,500 sign-on bonus.
• Processes and exploits complex GEOINT data including spectral, thermal and SAR from remote sensing data sources
• Apply basic to complex non-literal exploitation analysis techniques to spectral (multi and hyper) data sources
• Apply remote sensing production and development solutions to meet timely intelligence requirements
• Leads small production team in analysis, production, product timeliness and workflow
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to junior and mid-level Geospatial Intelligence Analysts
• Assist in posting and disseminating product applications to the warfighter and other customers
• Prepares and delivers technical GEOINT papers and presentations for community sponsored GEOINT symposiums, meetings, working groups, and collection exercises
• Plans and executes GEOINT tasking and production
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to other GEOINT/SAR analysts helping them focus on a particular customer, target, and region.
• Ability to work under the direction of fellow Senior GEOINT analysts, scientists, and Government leads
• Occasionally assists Riverside Research corporate requirements for acquiring new customers with GEOINT subject matter expertise
• Other duties as assigned.
• Top Secret with Eligibility for Top Secret/SCI
• Upon accepting the position, willingness to take a counter-intelligence (CI) polygraph
• Education Required: Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following fields of study; remote sensing, chemistry, biology, physics, geology, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, environmental science, geography and agricultural sciences. Note; in special cases at the discretion of the appropriate Government representative, commiserate experience will be accepted in lieu of educational requirements.
• Years’ Experience: minimum of 12 years
• Experience working in the Intelligence Community: minimum of 6 years
• Obtain GEOINT Professional Certifications in Fundamentals (GPC-F) and one of either Geospatial Analysis II (GA-II) or Imagery Analysis II (IA-II) NLT 23 SEP 2020 or risk the loss of the position
• Training and experience using exploitation tools such as ENVI and ERDAS in a GEOINT production environment
• Understanding of National and Theater related GEOINT intelligence assets.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
• Advanced education and/or training in GEOINT or MASINT software tools and techniques
• GEOINT exploitation and production experience using Remote View software
• Course(s) in advanced analytic thinking
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.