Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-025-OIC: Plasma Scientist
Open Innovation Center
Riverside Research, an independent, not-for-profit organization chartered to advance scientific research, has an immediate opening in its Plasma Research Program. Riverside Research’s Plasma Program performs experimental and computational research in topics such as ionospheric physics, plasma-based metamaterials, plasma turbulence, electromagnetic wave phenomenology and interaction, and space-weather physics.
Riverside Research is focused on expanding its current research program, and has an immediate opening for an experimental plasma physicist. This is a full-time position in the Dayton, OH area. A successful candidate will perform basic and applied research in plasma physics, will publish research in high-impact peer-reviewed journals, and will be a motivated researcher, able to function independently without supervision as well as in a team.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
Riverside Research is currently seeking scientists for ongoing research programs, and to aid in the development of future programs in basic and applied science. A successful candidate will be expected to:
• Lead and perform basic and applied research in experimental plasma physics
• Plan and conduct experimental testing and validation of theoretical models and numerical simulations
• Design and fabricate diagnostics for use in experiment
• Carry out both independent and collaborative research
• Author technical proposals
• Publish research in peer-reviewed scientific journals
• Other duties as assigned
• US citizen able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI security clearance
• Must have a PhD degree in Physics, or closely related field, with experience with plasmas.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience beyond the doctoral degree.
• Experience designing, constructing, and performing experiments in a laboratory.
• Strong research background in plasma diagnostics
• Knowledge of high-vacuum systems
• Must be able to work independently and with a team
• Superior communications skills, written and verbal
• Ability to mentor junior team members
• Proficient with MATLAB
• Demonstrated publication record
• Experience with thermionically-produced, or large volume magnetized plasma sources
• Knowledge of antennas, microwave circuits, and electromagnetic propagation
• Experience developing control systems for scientific instrumentation (LabVIEW based DAQ)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.