Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-045-INT: Software Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research’s IDS Business Unit is seeking a full-time Software Engineer with experience in the development of SWARM algorithms and translating design patterns into a computational process in support of the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency in the Washington DC metro area.
The Intelligence and Defense Solutions (IDS) Business Unit within Riverside Research is comprised of exceptionally talented and dedicated individuals, working as a team, who assist IC and DoD customers in accomplishing their critical missions. Within IDS, we provide services spanning program management and advocacy, systems engineering, research and development, intelligence analytics, mission planning, and software engineering. IDS currently assists three national intelligence agencies, three U.S. Service Intelligence Centers, and a variety of additional clients serving national and tactical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Create SWARM algorithm proof-of-concepts
• Translate design patterns provided by the SWARM algorithm into a computational process
• Builds, modifies, applies, and maintains standards for software quality operating methods
• Develops TRL4-6 software prototypes
• Implements software development and maintenance processes and methods
• Ensures measures meet acceptable reliability standards
• Develops overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives
• Reviews software design, change specifications, and plans against contractual and/or process requirements
• Performs or directs verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability
• Strong technical writing and editing experience required. Understanding of the scientific experiment processes and spectral data desired
• Other duties as assigned
• Active Top Secret Required with Eligibility for Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI)
• Master’s degree in technical field with 9+ years of experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related science
• Strong interest in algorithm development
• Proficient in at least one high-level programming language
• Experience developing TRL4-6 software prototypes
• Experience with handling and classifying data
• Efficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated leadership, analytical, organization, problem-solving, supervision, and interpersonal skills
• Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
• Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff
• Ability to perform functional duties independently
• PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Data Science or related field and 9+ years of experience in time-series algorithmic development
• Fluency with multiple high-level programming languages (Python, C++, MATLAB)
• Proficiency in developing and deploying software solutions
• Intelligence community experience
• Familiarity with JEMA models
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.