Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-046-INT: Data Scientist
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research’s IDS business unit is seeking a full-time Senior Data Scientist to work in the Washington metropolitan area. This position will support a National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) Radar Ground ERD project. This position requires U.S. citizenship.
The Intelligence and Defense Solutions (IDS) Business Unit within Riverside Research is comprised of exceptionally talented and dedicated individuals, working as a team, who assist IC and DoD customers in accomplishing their critical missions. Within IDS, we provide services spanning program management and advocacy, systems engineering, research and development, intelligence analytics, mission planning, and software engineering. IDS currently assists three national intelligence agencies, three U.S. Service Intelligence Centers, and a variety of additional clients serving national and tactical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Develop and conduct algorithm quality trade studies related to synthetic aperture radar imagery, identifying best use cases for selected algorithms, and characterizing performance of algorithms when used outside the best use case scenarios
• Prototype an analytical procedure that will generate confidence values based on algorithm outputs
• Refine the verification and validation process for analytics
• Enhance existing models to leverage analytic output for driving automated tasking
• Develop scripts for running and testing the algorithms and analytics using programs such as Databricks, Python, and Jupyter Notebook
• Make presentations and reports at the request of the government in addition to a task kick off, midpoint review, and final report and presentation
• Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms to analyze and make sense of data sets
• Prototype/consider several algorithms and decide upon final model based on suitable performance metrics
• Build models or develop experiments to generate data when training/example data sets are unavailable
• Generate reports and visualizations that summarize data sets and provide data driven insights to customers
• Partner with subject matter experts to translate manual data analysis into automated analytics
• Work closely with developers to ensure proper algorithm implementation
• Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
• Other duties as assigned
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of Senior Data Scientist. These qualifications include the following:
• Minimum security clearance required: active Top Secret/SCI (TS/SCI)
• Education required: MA/MS degree (In place of the degree, may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience.)
• Years’ experience required: 9 years
• Experience in at least two of the following areas is required: mathematics/statistics, computer science, domain expertise/analysis, and presentation
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.