Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-039-EGR: Senior UI Software Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research has an immediate opening at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio for a
Senior UI Software Engineer.
Senior UI Software Engineer
will lead a small team of geographically distributed UI developers in improving the usability and capabilities of the UI for a computational physics tool developed by the US Government.
Built using web technologies (HTML5, WebGL, Google Protocol Buffers, etc.), the UI supports the construction and attribution of computer aided design (CAD) geometries, manages simulation execution, and displays post-processing visualizations. Primarily deployed to the desktop while interfacing with a C++ backend server, the tool is positioned for future deployment over the web. Candidates will ideally have experience in both types of deployment.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
•Be the Technical Lead for a team of approximately 4 geographically distributed UI developers
•Collaborate with the team to design a system architecture program that satisfies requirements, while taking into account both near- and long-term customer objectives
•Interface with expert users to understand their needs
•Apply User Experience (UX) best-practices to improve the usability of the software
•Survey successful implementations of similar applications and make recommendations on how those approaches may be used
•Develop server/backend software as a hybrid of C++ and Python
•Other duties as assigned
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
• Must be able to lead a team of developers
• Experience with compiled languages, such as C++, C, Java, C#, or similar
• Development experience on Windows and Linux systems including development of shell scripts
• Experience with revision control systems and managing requirements within an issue tracking system
• Experience combining web client and server backend components into a single thick client application using tools such as Chromium Embedded Framework, Electron.js, or similar
• Experience with full stack development, design, and review
• Experience with 3D rendering libraries such as X3D, three.js, WebGL, OpenGL, or similar
• Experience working in projects comprising >100,000 source lines of code
• Familiarity with CAD systems like AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc
• Experience developing with interpreted languages and numerical libraries such as Python and numpy
• Ability to produce data visualizations in scripted plotting tools such as matplotlib
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.