Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-035-INT: Software Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking software engineers to support research, development and operational deployment related to national mission needs. This role will join a team of satellite engineers, developers, and intelligence professionals to support exploratory research, analysis, design, and development of advanced processing algorithms and other innovations to improve existing systems and analytic capabilities. The ideal candidate has previous experience in mission-focused R&D environments. The position is based in Chantilly, VA.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Develop full-stack data solutions and apply systems and software engineering principles to design and implement solutions
• Support collaborative R&D initiatives that span the data lifecycle to collect, ingest, process, store, persist, access, and deliver data and analytic results at scale and at speed
• Use a combination of tools, technologies, and analytic computing systems to achieve results
• Explore novel applications of advanced analytics to signal processing, including machine learning
• Optimize the performance of software algorithms, applications, and platforms
• Leverage and refine existing software in support of new application development
• Support verification/validation that software solutions and/or system performance meet requirements
• Visualize and communicate findings and provide a quantitative framework for evaluating and analyzing alternatives
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, physics, or related field
• Experience with software design and multiple software languages, GPU processing, distributed computing, parallel processing, cloud computing, machine learning, visualization, system modelling and simulation
• Demonstrated signal processing and mathematical skills, including implementation of these concepts in software (C++/C, Python, Matlab, etc)
• Engineering expertise spanning systems design, requirements, analysis, and lifecycle maintenance
• Experience in data management, data integration & analytics, and/or software engineering with data-diverse analytic objectives
• Prior experience supporting complex DoD/IC IT programs, working and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary and results-oriented research team setting
• Knowledge of modern enterprise data architectures, design patterns, data toolsets and the ability to apply them
• Data integration skills and experience especially around moving large data sets in batch & near real time across cloud & ground desired
• Experience with DevOps/Agile development environments
• Strong problem solving, conceptualization, organization, and communication skills
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Advanced degree in engineering, computer science, physics, or related field
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.