Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-001-SCR: Facility Security Officer
Security & Facilities
Riverside Research is seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO) to work in its modern, Centreville, VA office. As the FSO, you’ll hold the reins of a dynamic security program in a multi-security level, secure facility that’s ideal for a professional who wants the opportunity to make a difference in a small, but ever-growing company.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Manage a “Superior” rated security program; Maintain security accreditations and approvals necessary to keep the facility operational to meet mission requirements
• Join an effective security team; work with other highly capable security team members located at other cleared facilities through-out the U.S.
• Trusted to interpret and enforce Government, customer and company security policies and provide direction and guidance to highly-trained professionals for all security matters
• Interface professionally with company leadership, Govt and business customers, and visitors
• Initiate background investigation requests (including fingerprinting) using e-QIP via JPAS and processing SCI access for sensitive programs
• Understand contracts, SOW's (statement of work) and DD254's and task orders to determine security requirements
• Provide day-to-day administration and oversight of classified activities, develop local policy, and maintain continuous control over all media
• Provide prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD254's, security guidance, and classified holdings
• Develop and revise security plans, procedures, instructions and educational material
• Provide classification guidance to program personnel, conduct security briefings, participate in self-inspections and audits, and investigate security incidents
• Provide other security services including Personnel Security, Physical Security, Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control and Visitor Control
• Work with Automated Information Systems (AIS) Security staff, office, and facility professionals
• Other duties as assigned
• Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance (NRO and polygraph preferred)
• Defense Security Service FSO Certification (Professional Security Certifications such as SFPC/ISP preferred)
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
• 8 year’s FSO/CSSO experience in Government and/or industrial security
• Established relationships and/or experience with Government customers (NRO and NGA preferred)
• Comprehensive knowledge of the design and execution of security programs in according with DoDM 5220.22, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DODM 5105.21, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Administrative Security Manual, Executive Orders (EO) 12968, 12829, and 13526, and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD’s) 703, 704, 705
• Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Microsoft Office proficiency
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.