Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-002-SCR: Facility Security Officer
Security & Facilities
Crystal City, VA
Do you have experience managing a cleared Government facility, want to be valued and recognized for the work that you do? Do you have a strategic mindset, always looking for creative ways to streamline processes while working with other professionals in a modern office environment?
We are seeking an exceptionally bright, flexible, poised, and self-motivated individual to become a Riverside Research Facility Security Officer (FSO). As the FSO for our Headquarters Office, located in Crystal City, you will take the reigns of a "Superior" security program and be responsible for all security matters in a successful, ever-growing company. Your job bridges strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution while you work alongside and with other professionals to deliver superior security services, anticipate and proactively plan for future mission needs while working in our high-profile headquarters office.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Join an effective security team; work with other highly capable security and administrative personnel located
at other cleared facilities through-out the U.S.
• Perform as the sole security officer responsible for maintaining security accreditations and approvals
necessary to keep the facility operational to meet mission requirements
• Initiate background investigation requests (including fingerprinting) using e-QIP via JPAS
• Understand contracts, SOW's (statement of work) and DD254's and task orders to determine security
• Provide day-to-day administration and oversight of classified activities, develop local policy, perform self-
inspections, and maintain continuous control over all media
• Interface professionally with company leadership, Govt + business customers, and visitors
• Provide prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of
DD254's, security guidance, and classified holdings
• Develop and revise security plans, procedures, instructions and educational material
• Provide classification guidance to program personnel, conduct security briefings, participate in self-inspections and
audits, and investigate security incidents
• Provide other security services including Personnel Security, Physical Security, Automated Information Systems
(AIS) Security, Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control and Visitor Control
• Other duties as assigned
• Active Secret U.S. Government security clearance
• 3-5 years of Facility Security Officer experience in government and/or industrial security
• Defense Security Service FSO certification (NISPOM with possessing curriculum within one year of hiring)
• HS diploma
• Comprehensive knowledge of the design and execution of security programs in according with DoDM 5220.22, National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
• Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, take independent action, analyze problems and provide focused solutions
• High degree of professionalism and attention to detail
• Must be able to maintain all required security clearances
• Applicants considered for employment are subject to verification of security clearances and other background investigations
•TS/SCI Security Clearance (not required, but preferred)
•Govt or Industry Security Certification (ISP, SFPC, Insider Threat)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.