Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-059-INT: Full Stack Software Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research’s Intelligence and Defense Solutions Directorate has a full-time opening in the Dayton, Ohio or National Capitol Region area for a Full Stack Software Engineer.
The Full Stack Software Engineer will:
• Perform analysis, problem definition, requirements, and solution development to address a mission need.
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Design and develop systems in accordance to specifications, standards, and programming best practices.
• Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures.
The successful candidate should have
• Comprehensive understanding of the implementation methodologies and technologies such as Java and AngularJS. Knowledge of .NET or Java Framework, NOSQL and relational databases helpful.
• Experience with the major development frame works and programming languages like C#, SQL, .Net, EJB, Weblogic, UNIX Shell, PL/SQL.
• Experience with both relational (e.g. MySQL, POSTGRES, SQL Server, Oracle) and NOSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Hbase, Neo4J, Cassandra).
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Perform agile software development
• Develop/implement front and back end components for multi-user web-based applications
• Develop user-friendly forms for data entry and modification
• Develop data analysis tools for monitoring and visualizing data trends and performance
• Implement and maintain database management systems
• Develop/implement authorization, authentication and security audit logging tools to control access and meet security requirements
• Develop tests at all levels including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests
• Create and deploy container images of web-applications
• Perform continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
• Support setup and deployment of virtual machines on JWICS
• Deploy container orchestration applications and container images on virtual machines
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• 5+ years’ proven experience developing web-applications for Government customers
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field
• Experience in performing agile software development
• Experience with Java and AngularJs
• Experience in developing RESTful services
• Experience in implementing and maintaining database management systems like MongoDB
• Experience in developing authorization, authentication and security audit logging tools
• Experience in developing tests at all levels including unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests
• Experience in creating and deploying container images
• Experience in performing continuous integration and continues deployment (CI/CD) and using applications like BitBucket, Jenkins, Docker, Nexus 3, and Kubernetes
• Experience in working on deployment environments including virtual machines
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, responsible team player able to work independently with minimal daily direction; effective/efficient written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
• Other duties as assigned
• Master's degree in computer science or related technical fields
• Experience in deploying applications on JWICS
• Experience in using testing applications including Clair
• Experience working with cloud environments like AWS and/or Azure
• Experience with UX design
• Scrum training/certification from Scrum Alliance
• Security+ training/certification CompTIA
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.