Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-053-INT: Senior Cloud Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Senior Cloud Engineer to become part of a team providing Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) to the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH to assist them in designing, managing, and promoting modern IT capabilities. The Senior Cloud Engineer will focus on delivering scalable hybrid cloud-based enterprise solutions supporting intelligence analysis, automation, AI/ML, and DevSecOps activities.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Identify the best cloud solutions to successfully meet the strategic architecture needs of the organization
• Assess mission infrastructure and functions to determine best candidates for transition to a cloud-based solution
• Collaborate with multiple organizations with similar and diverging requirements on cloud architecture & strategy
• Evaluate new cloud technologies and makes substantiated recommendations for improvement
• Engineer, plan, and implement hybrid- & multi-cloud technical solutions that balance simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility, supportability, security, cost, and integrity requirements
• Regularly evaluate existing cloud infrastructure to identify risks or opportunities for improvement
• Develop cross-domain solutions to manage the transfer of unclassified software and data to classified networks
• Support continuous integration/continuous testing/continuous delivery (CI/CT/CD) software development processes in a hybrid cloud environment
• Support prototyping & troubleshooting of complex systems spanning between on- and off-premises cloud environments
• Offer guidance in capability/service movement techniques, including bulk application transfers into the cloud
• Be part of an agile team to cross functional boundaries and mentor others on cloud services
• Support preparation and submission of accreditation packages to acquire an Authority to Operate (ATO)
• Ensure best practices for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), & Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) cloud solutions
• Document engineering standards, proposals, and/or recommendations for system design, engineering changes, and configuration management relating to cloud infrastructure
• Prepare and present detailed roadmaps and plans to transition to the defined end-state cloud architecture; estimate cloud total cost of ownership (TCO) and potential return on investment (ROI)
• Assist in the development of required organizational processes and structure for cloud adoption & management
• Assist in the development and training of client personnel for adoption and management of cloud assets
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, or related technical fields with at least two years of cloud design experience
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in systems engineering in a corporate / enterprise IT environment
• Minimum of 5+ years’ of experience designing, executing, managing, and supporting IT cloud solutions
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience w/ Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud Platform
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience with project management
• Experience with cloud services; including open source technology, software development, system engineering, scripting languages, hybrid (on- and off-premises) and multiple cloud provider environments, integration services, logic apps, advanced cloud security, and compute and storage services
• Experience with developing, managing, or using DevSecOps environments
• Demonstrated experience making architectural decisions based on simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility, supportability, sustainability, security, cost, and integrity
• Know several software tools and platforms, such as SQL, Kubernetes, Spark, Hadoop, Scala, Kafka, Redshift, Docker, and Linux
• Experience doing on- and off- premises cloud migrations
• Experience working with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), & Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) based environments
• Experience with programming languages such as UNIX/LINUX Python, Ruby, Java, Java Script, PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, or similar
• A self-starter, detail oriented, responsible team player able to administer several ongoing technical assignments at any one time; where some assignments are routinely unstructured, requiring autonomy, problem solving, and independent judgment
• Ability to clearly articulate a position (written or verbal) with sound logic, supporting empirical evidence, and impartiality
• Ability to work and interact with technically and organizationally diverse personnel
• Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, information systems, or related technical fields with at least two years of cloud design experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience w/ Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud Platform
• AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure certifications highly desired (e.g. in areas of cloud architecture, data services, and security)
• Project manager experience with Project Management Professional Certification
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Security + training/certification, Information Security Systems Manager (ISSM), Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), and/or Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) training/certification/experience
• Risk management framework (RMF) process/procedure familiarity with experience in security compliance, accreditation, and authorization
• Practical experience with architecture, implementation, and operation of complex multi-vendor, multi-server network infrastructures in support of a mission-critical enterprise environment
• Experience working with Agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of IT server, client, storage, and network technologies
• Knowledge in networking (protocols, virtual networks, subnets, firewalls)
• Experience with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), orchestration, automation, and databases
• Background in building or designing Web services in the cloud
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.