Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-004-EGR: Senior System Administrator
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking a Senior System Administrator for its operations at WPAFB, Ohio. Position is to provide support for high performance workstations, servers, and clusters including hardware and software installation, upgrades, network and storage management duties for a R&D Branch.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Work in a team of 2 IT professionals assisting 40 researchers in daily computer and laboratory activities
• Support an agile based software development environment with continuous build / continuous integration including monitoring and maintaining Torque / Portable Batch Service resource manager, and managing compilers and libraries
• Manage a multi-site LAN-to-LAN IPsec VPN
• Manage collaboration tools such as Instant Messenger in a standalone environment (including the server)
• Author, implement, and maintain Risk Management Framework (RMF) packages for stand-alone and enterprise architectures and train users on standard operating procedures
• Perform daily system monitoring including hardware faults, storage capacity and CPU/RAM load, HPC job queue performance, system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
• Configure and maintain servers, workstations, and networks including hardware, operating systems, firmware, drivers, services, storage, and software in accordance with DISA standards and project/operational requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• Eligibility for Secret, Must hold or be able to obtain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (ex. CompTIA Security+),
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to duties assigned or equivalent years of experience
• 3-7 Years of Experience
• RHEL (Red Hat) derived Linux such as CentOS and Fedora and Microsoft Windows workstation and server
• HPC Clusters, Torque or PBS (Portable Batch Service) resource manager and job scheduler
• Network File system (NFS), Cisco ASA and IPsec VPN, DISA / IASE STIG or other security baseline configuration including implementing, auditing, and reporting
• Knowledge of networks
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products – Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Visio
• Previous experience is required
• Storage concepts such as RAID, applying STIG policies and settings
• Working knowledge and experience of up to date system administration techniques and methods such as Group Policy, automation / scripting (powershell, python), and/or orchestration management technologies such as Puppet or Ansible
• Ability to troubleshoot problems with customer computer systems, software, hardware, configurations
• Customer service focused attitude, ability to prioritize tasks
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge and familiarity with Air Force RMF packages a plus
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.