Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-011-OIC: Machine Learning Research Scientist - Optics & Photonics Lab
Open Innovation Center
Riverside Research is seeking a motivated individual to join our Optics research group in the Dayton, OH area to work on ground-breaking research to solve pressing problems. The position will support both internally and externally funded research efforts. Ongoing research in the group includes side-channel analysis, machine learning, multi-spectral optics, and more.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Conduct research in cognitive radio and machine learning
• Write machine learning and signal processing code
• Document results in technical reports, conference/journal proceedings, and presentations
• Other duties as assigned
• MS in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or closely related field
• Proficiency with Matlab or a similar programming language (e.g. C#, Python, C++, etc.)
• Must be able to work both independently and in a team
• Superior communication skills, written and verbal
• 2+ years of work experience in research and software development
• Some experience or knowledge of Machine Learning is highly preferred
• Experience with signal and/or image processing
• Knowledge/experience with Software Defined Radios (SDR)
• Experience with writing and presenting research in conferences or journals
• Willing to write proposals and securing external funding for research
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.