Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-003-BIO: Junior Researcher
New York, NY
Riverside Research is seeking a full time Junior Researcher in the New York, NY. This position will support currently funded NIH projects as well as some IR&D projects related to medical applications of ultrasound.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Support several NIH-funded and IR&D projects related to medical applications of ultrasound and in projects using quantitative ultrasound (QUS) or high-frequency ultrasound (HFU) data
• Collect data using experimental systems.
• Develop new experimental protocols and processing methods
• Analyze and summarize data
• Generate reports.
• Prepare manuscripts
• Literature search and information gathering
• Maintaining dialogue with outside collaborators
• Present findings at scientific conferences
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering or closely related field plus two years of related experience (will consider relevant internships)
• Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering or closely related field
• MatLab programming skills
• LabVIEW programming skills
• Development of experimental systems
• Basic knowledge of medical imaging
• Basic understanding of biomedical ultrasound physics
• Facility with Excel
Riverside Research will consider other qualified candidates with various years of applicable experience and education
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.