Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-057-INT: Cybersecurity Specialist
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Mountain View, CA
Riverside Research is seeking a cyber security specialist to provide technical expertise to DoD IT needs. The position will collaborate with teams of internal and external stakeholders and is based in Mountain View, CA.
• Work within military and civilian DoD teams to source and deliver solutions to address IT and cyber priority objectives
• Advise on best practices from other sectors to enhance the security posture of enterprise & bespoke infrastructure and services to meet the demands of a large organization
• Track and articulate industry trends & evaluate new security products and technologies
• Identify opportunities to support the adoption of innovative technologies that drive IT modernization and enhanced cyber security
• Participate in meetings, design sprints, and other similar activities to understand stakeholder problems, document requirements, and scope potential solutions
• Perform hands-on architecture, design, and development of cyber security concepts
• Provide high quality written and oral reporting and communications to a range of stakeholders
• Approximately 5 business trips per year
• Other duties as assigned
• U.S. citizenship required.
• Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. Active DoD clearance preferred.
• Bachelor's’s degree in computer science or equivalent IT-related field. Master's degree or PhD strongly preferred.
• 15+ years of engineering and technical leadership, with demonstrably proven results in complex organizations and operations
• Experience and deep knowledge of federal / military IT systems is desirable
• Expertise in network protocols and secure network design
• Expertise in operating system internals and hardening strategies
• Expertise in authentication and access control
• Expertise in security monitoring, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention.
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and communication skills
• Ability to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people team members and stakeholders
• Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
• Ability to multitask and work across several projects in parallel while responsibly managing workload
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.