Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-020-INT: Image Scientist (SAR focus)
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time mid-level Image Scientist with a focus on the Synthetic Aperture RADAR (SAR) phenomenology in the Charlottesville, VA area. This position will support the Army National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) GEOINT production efforts by tackling tough national security challenges using your SAR expertise.
You will be working with a team of nearly 30 Government and contractor GEOINT professionals supporting important operational overseas missions. You will have access to some of the latest image science processing tools, techniques, algorithms, high speed computers, software packages, and robust communications. You will be challenged every day to use your SAR expertise to come up with timely creative new ways to solve national security challenges using SAR remote sensing data. You will collaborate with on-site GEOINT and all-source analysts and other Riverside Research GEOINT professionals who are supporting our other GEOINT Government customers in the Intelligence Community (IC) such as those at the U.S. Air Force National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC). The mission you will support is demanding, but you will be satisfied knowing that your work is helping to save lives and that the SAR solutions that you provide will also be implemented by your peers and junior analysts.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
• Processes and exploits complex SAR data from remote sensing data sources
• Applies basic to complex exploitation analysis techniques to SAR data
• Applies image science and remote sensing production and development solutions to meet timely intelligence requirements
• Assists in analysis, production, product timeliness and workflow.
• Develops creative new tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) to solve national security challenges that face our Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) warfighter customers.
• Streamlines operations by taking newly developed TTPs from self and other teammates and auto/semi-automating them by developing scripts using the Python language.
• Assists in posting and disseminating product applications to the warfighter and other customers
• Prepares and delivers technical GEOINT/SAR papers and presentations for community sponsored SAR symposiums, meetings, working groups, and collection exercises
• Plans and executes GEOINT tasking and production
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to other GEOINT/SAR analysts helping them focus on a particular customer, target, and region.
• Provide guidance to junior analysts on SAR products and exploitation techniques
• Occasionally assists Riverside Research corporate requirements for acquiring new customers with GEOINT subject matter expertise
• Other duties as assigned.
• Security Clearance - Top Secret with Eligibility for Top Secret/SCI
• Upon accepting the position, willingness to take a counter-intelligence (CI) polygraph
• Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following fields of study; remote sensing, chemistry, physics, geology, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, environmental science, geography and agricultural sciences. Note; in special cases at the discretion of the appropriate Government representative, commiserate experience will be accepted in lieu of educational requirements.
• Years’ Experience: minimum of 8 years
• Experience working in the DoD and/or Intelligence Community: minimum of 2 years
• Intermediate to strong coding skills using the Python language
• Obtain GEOINT Professional Certifications in Fundamentals (GPC-F) within 6 months of hire date.
• Obtain Imagery Science (IS-II) Certification within one year of hire date.
• Comprehensive understanding of the phenomenology associated with SAR data
• Understanding of National and Theater related SAR intelligence assets.
• Strong communications ability
• Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment
• Advanced education and/or training in GEOINT or MASINT software tools and techniques
• Course(s) in advanced analytic thinking
• Intermediate to strong coding skills in other languages such as IDL, MatLab, C++, or C
• Course(s) in advanced analytic thinking
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.