Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-022-INT: Systems Engineer (Platform)
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Systems Engineer in support of the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. This position will assist the government in guiding the development and implementation of tailored software/hardware solutions to meet specific mission requirements.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Provide technical leadership to the vision, design, and oversight of complex projects, spanning hardware and software solutions
• Function as subject matter expert for software and hardware development efforts
• Manage product backlogs and Agile workloads; lead daily scrums and technical reviews
• Provide insight and technical contribution as needed to a wide range of systems engineering tasks to include requirements management and test/evaluation activities
• Coordinate between government leadership, development teams, vendors, and system users to ensure system planning, design, and implementation meets mission needs and resource constraints
• Identify, track, and report project and system risks
• Create and maintain systems engineering documentation related to the overall program
• Review and assess systems engineering documentation generated by development teams
• Document accomplishments and insight via documentation and other coordination to include trip reports, monthly status reports, collaboration exchanges, program management reviews, and end-of-task reporting
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science, math, information technology, or related technical field
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in systems engineering/project management
• Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player
• Exceptional relationship management skills
• Master’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science, math, information technology or related technical field
• Risk Management experience
• Ability to oversee implementation of vision to enable new capabilities to meet user needs
• Experience leading Agile software development teams
• Professional certifications such PMP, INCOSE CSEP, ISTQB, DoDAF, DAU, Security+ or similar
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.