Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-123-INT: Image Scientist
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time image scientist supporting the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC), Wright Patterson AFB, OH. You will have access to the latest imagery processing tools, techniques, algorithms, high speed computers, software packages, and robust communications. Responsibilities include independent verification and validation of spectral and DSP algorithms and tools, developing detection algorithms, creating and cataloging signatures, managing signature libraries, performing radiometric and atmospheric correction on image data, and supporting analysis activities.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
HIRES WITH AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI (TS/SCI) CLEARANCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $7,500 SIGN-ON BONUS.
• Independent verification and validation of digital signal and image processing algorithms and tools
• Developing detection algorithms
• Create and catalog imagery-derived signatures
• Managing signature libraries
• Perform radiometric and atmospheric correction on image data
• Translate operational needs into technical requirements; prepare supporting documentation
• Support image science and image analysis activities
• Prepare and deliver technical GEOINT papers and presentations for community sponsored GEOINT symposiums and working groups
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to passive sensor analysts
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, physics, math or related technical field; bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, physics, math or related technical field with additional experience will be considered
• 8+ years of experience working with overhead imaging data, specifically spectral, thermal, and related technologies
• Proficiency with techniques for classification and detection from passive imaging methods
• Experience with both scene-based and physics-based atmospheric correction techniques
• Experience working with signatures and libraries
• Familiarity of standard spectral imaging data formats
• Working knowledge in continuous and statistical digital signal processing techniques
• Proficiency in Python and related Digital Signal Processing, Image processing, and data analytic libraries
• Understanding of National and Theater related GEOINT intelligence assets
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work and collaborate in a geo-separated team environment
• GEOINT Professional Certifications in Fundamentals (GPC-F)
• GEOINT Professional Certifications in Imagery Science (IS-II)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.