Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-008-INT: FMS Systems Engineer – Airworthiness
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking a Senior Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Systems/Airworthiness Engineer at Wright Patterson Air Force Base - Dayton, Ohio area. This position will support USAF ISR Sensor programs. Ability to understand and apply FAA and other airworthiness requirements is essential to the position.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Conduct Safety of flight and airworthiness analysis of modified commercial and military aircraft
• Apply and meet FAA standards to review contractor designs
• Assist USAF with planning and oversight of development and production activities for FMS deliverables
• Support development, review and evaluation of the plans, compliance to Federal and Military regulations, requirements and documentation
• Review and analyze design solutions, support definition of test requirements
• Support test including evaluating and recommending corrective actions for operational deployment lessons learned, deficiencies, and opportunities
• Assist with system platforms security certification and accreditation activities.
• Prepare contract documents and review and evaluate engineering change proposals for adequacy in meeting Government performance, cost, and schedule requirements
• Perform technical studies to include, but not limited to, performance, effectiveness, cost reasonableness, reliability, maintainability, and supportability and assist with risk assessments and developing mitigation plans
• Assist with the acquisition program execution functions to include, but not limited to, design, development, testing, production, fielding, sustainment and modification of sensor and platform systems
• Other duties as assigned
• Current Secret clearance preferred or eligibility
• Bachelor’s degree in from a certified institution + at least ten (10) years of relevant experience with at least four (4) years of experience working on DoD programs/projects
• Foreign Military Sales experience preferred but not required
• Working experience with FAA - airworthiness requirements
• Familiarity with electro optical systems.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.