Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2017-004-FCL: Senior Accounting Manager-NYC
*Riverside Research is seeking an Senior Accounting Manager for an opportunity at our NYC office, located in Lower Manhattan. This position provides support to the CFO and Corporate Controller. Duties include supporting general accounting needs of all related entities including consolidation of financials, compliance with GAAP and development of consistent processes to ensure a timely and accurate 5 day close. The individual should have a strong ability to leverage technology to communicate comprehensive analytics and solve complex problems.
• Oversee the financial operations including:
o Implementation of fixed asset inventory procedure
o Planning and implementation of fixed asset module, consolidation of financial data within JAMIS Prime and improved leverage of data analytics through inquiries and dashboards
o Review of financial data
o Responsible for system reports to ensure they are accurately reflecting financial reporting
o Responsible for testing system upgrades prior to going live
o Review account reconciliations
o Review consolidated financial statements and analysis of variances to budget
o Reconciliation and analysis of overhead and G&A expenses with the G/L
o Establish a consistent cash forecasting process
o Preparation of Tax returns at the Federal and State levels
• Primary point of contact for external GAAP and Uniform Guidance Audits
• Support internal and government auditors and ensure compliance with Strong Internal Controls (Sarbanes-Oxley like), GAAP, CAS and FAR regulations as they pertain to accounting transactions
• Assist with design and implementation of back office systems to ensure compliance with all regulations to prepare for CAS Compliance
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting controls and procedures
• Accurate and appropriate cash applications processed with customer accounts
o Liaison with Contracts to resolve Accounts Receivable and billing discrepancies
o Liaison with field offices and other departments to ensure accounting records incompliance with Government guidelines
• Perform other duties as required
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s in Accounting, a plus
• Minimum 10-12 years of progressive accounting experience
• Active CPA license and membership in Accounting Societies required
• Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, company and federal regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to financial statements
• Knowledge of CAS and FAR government accounting a requirement
• Strong technical (GAAP) experience
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.