Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2017-107-INT: Project Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
*Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Project Engineer at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
• Collaborate with Enterprise Architects to develop new technology transition plans to ensure optimal interoperability
• Interpret, translate, and transition advanced software designs into various environments – utilizing physical and virtual machines
• Provide engineering analysis of enterprise performance issues and propose solutions
• Work as a technical liaison with other IT professionals in the organization
• Guiding software components through design, development, and deployment phases – conforming to industry best-practices
• Track and report system/component risks and deliver mitigation plans
• Review and approve system engineering documentation
• Translate mission requirements and plans into technical requirements to ensure future capacity and performance needs can be fulfilled
• Document and ensure maintenance of policies and best practices, communicating lessons learned
• Other duties as assigned
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
• BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Linux expertise and Linux-based system administration experience
• Understanding of different storage architectures and their appropriate application
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and distributed systems (including understanding of distributed system concepts and principles)
• Experience with Docker, DCOS, Apache Mesos, Apache Kafka, and other related technologies
• Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day direction
• Systems engineering experience, including Agile requirements and implementation (Scrum and SAFe)
• DoD 8570 Level II Certification
• Building and maintaining Network-Attached Storage (NAS) solutions
• Database administration experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.