Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-075-INT: Lead Software Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Lead Software Engineer in the Dayton, Ohio area. This position requires an Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI or Top Secret with eligibility for an SCI clearance.
• Collaborate with Enterprise Architects to develop new technology transition plans to ensure optimal interoperability
• Interpret, translate, and transition advanced software designs into various environments – utilizing physical and virtual machines
• Provide engineering analysis of enterprise performance issues and propose solutions
• Work as a technical liaison with other IT professionals in the organization
• Guiding software components through design, development, and deployment phases – conforming to industry best-practices
• Track and report system/component risks and deliver mitigation plans
• Review and approve system engineering documentation
• Translate mission requirements and plans into technical requirements to ensure future capacity and performance needs can be fulfilled
• Document and ensure maintenance of policies and best practices, communicating lessons learned
• Other duties as assigned
Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI or Top Secret with eligibility for an SCI clearance.
• BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Linux expertise and Linux-based system administration experience
• Understanding of different storage architectures and their appropriate application
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and distributed systems (including understanding of distributed system concepts and principles)
• Experience with Docker, DCOS, Apache Mesos, Apache Kafka, and other related technologies
• Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day direction
• DESIRED: Systems engineering experience, including Agile requirements and implementation (Scrum and SAFe)
• DESIRED: DoD 8570 Level II Certification
• DESIRED: Building and maintaining Network-Attached Storage (NAS) solutions
• DESIRED: Database administration experience
• DESIRED: Strong verbal and written communication skills
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.