Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-022-EGR: CEM Programmer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research’s Engineering & Support Solutions Directorate has an opening in the Dayton, Ohio area for an experienced Applied and Computational Mathematician or Computational Physics at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. This position will support the CREATE-RF program at AFRL's Sensors Directorate.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Work with a team of researchers in a software development environment on CEM solutions
• Research and develop novel solution methods to CEM problems
• Implement numerical algorithms for the solution of electromagnetic problems in the time- and frequency-domain.
• Apply techniques of computational mathematics to overcome software development challenges as needed
• Work cooperatively with other contractors, stakeholders and government personnel
• Other duties as assigned.
• US Citizen a MUST and MUST have the ability to Obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
• Master’s or PhD in Computational Physics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or equivalent and 3-6 years of experience
• Experience with scientific computational modeling
• Proficiency in scientific computing (e.g. UNIX, Fortran, C/C++, MPI/OMP, scripting, MATLAB, and/or Mathematica)
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Superior interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal
• Willingness to learn and perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to travel (less than 10%)
• Other duties as assigned
• Active Secret Security Clearance
• PhD in Computational Physics, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or equivalent and 3-6 years of experience
• Experience with numerical techniques such as method of moments, surface and volumetric integral equations, asymptotic methods, domain decomposition methods, finite difference time domain, linear algebra, multi-level fast multipole method, finite element method, etc.
• Experience with parallel programming of large high performance computers (MPI and OpenMP)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.