Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-087-INT: Spectral Image Scientist
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time spectral image scientist supporting the National Air and Space Intelligence Center at Wright Patterson AFB, OH. Responsibilities include independent verification and validation of spectral algorithms and tools, developing spectral detection algorithms, creating spectral signatures and managing signature libraries, performing radiometric and atmospheric correction on spectral image data, and supporting spectral analysis activities.
You will be working with a team of Riverside Research, government, and contractor personnel conducting spectral R&D projects. The work is in support of both US Air Force and Intelligence Community programs. An active TS/SCI clearance is required.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship
• Independent verification and validation of spectral algorithms and tools
• Developing spectral detection algorithms
• Create spectral signatures and managing signature libraries
• Perform radiometric and atmospheric correction on spectral image data
• Translate operational needs into technical requirements; prepare supporting documentation
• Support spectral analysis activities
• Other duties as assigned.
• Active Top Secret/SCI clearance required
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Image Science, or comparable technical degree. Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience will be considered
• 5+ years of experience working with overhead spectral imaging data
• Proficiency developing algorithms and tools in ENVI
• Proficiency with techniques for spectral classification and spectral detection
• Experience with both scene-based and physics-based atmospheric correction techniques
• Experience working with spectral signatures and libraries
• Knowledge of standard spectral imaging data formats
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.