Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-125-INT: Machine Learning Software Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research’s Intelligence and Defense Solutions (IDS) directorate is seeking a Machine Learning (ML) Software Engineer to support a cross-functional team of artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) practitioner’s prototyping and implementing solutions for enduring customer challenges at the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
• Refactoring AI/ML prototype and research code to follow software development best practices
• Work with AI/ML engineers to implement algorithms and systems in an efficient way
• Create multipurpose code libraries for general use across application team projects
• Refine the verification and validation process for AI/ML algorithms
• Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
• Participate in a multi-disciplinary, experienced, energetic team on a rapid development schedule
• Coordinate with external agencies and research partners on emerging methods and technologies for the application of AI/ML
• Occasional travel may be required
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field; five (5) years equivalent relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education
• High degree of proficiency with programming languages and software packages related to the development of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms
• Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
• Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player
• Current Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Doctorate or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
• Agile software development experience/certifications
• Technical project management and oversight experience
• Experience working with or in support of Department of Defense (DoD) or intelligence community (IC) organizations
• Experience with one or more of the following:
GPU/parallel processing (i.e. CUDA), classification, pattern recognition, anomaly detection, pose estimation, or similar
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.