Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-051-INT: Technical Advisor
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Mountain View, CA
Riverside Research is seeking a Technical Advisor to provide expertise and programmatic support to broad defense aerospace applications. Subject matter expertise in defense technology R&D programs, foreign relations, national security and related policy is required. The position will collaborate with teams of scientists and engineers, and is based in Mountain View, CA.
• Provide a range of support to develop and implement prototype projects that evaluate the military utility of commercial solutions involving remote sensing and other technologies relevant to defense systems
• Provide expertise to investment and acquisition strategies, as well as private sector engagement strategies
• Lead teams of engineers, scientists, and technology developers to assess the utility and feasibility of commercial technology
• Work closely with the DoD partners and commercial teams throughout the prototype development lifecycle, including coordinating with senior level officials and management of all stakeholders
• Provide reviews and assessments of applicable technologies and operational concepts, system requirements, technical and performance analyses, test plans, executions, results, and related documentation
• Reviews prototype proposals, reports and related project documents
• Participates in milestone reviews, ground testing, flight tests, and simulations
• Participate in post-test analysis activities and review and analysis of test data
• Prepare white papers, technical reports, briefs and meeting materials
• Respond to official requests for information and other tasks from DoD partners and stakeholders
• Participate in key intra- and inter-agency meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Top Secret/SCI eligibility
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s is preferred
Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of experience in subject matter expert or engineering leadership role
Experience working on DoD technology initiatives
Expertise in domestic and foreign emerging technologies, national security and foreign policy matters, and technology acquisition
Experience with the development of modern software tools or algorithms tackling big data challenges
A demonstrated record of achievement in the development and execution of investment strategies for commercial technology
Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, interact with DoD partners’ and commercial contractors’ senior-level management
Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal and client-handling skills
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.