Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-007-CNT: Payroll Manager
Crystal City, VA
Riverside Research has an immediate opening for a Payroll Manager in our Crystal City, (Arlington, VA) office.
This position will involve overseeing the conversion from Humanics/JAMIS to Ultipro with a successful go live date of 8/1/2019.
Additionally, this position will oversee the weekly and semi-monthly timesheet and payroll processes including the administration of timekeeping and labor distribution, posting of payroll entries to the general ledger, payment of wages, withholding and payment of garnishments, compilation of payroll information, maintenance of records and compliance with Federal, State and Local laws. Will also assist with other areas within Financial Operations.
Maintains the confidentiality and accuracy of all payroll related records
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Maintains the confidentiality and accuracy of all payroll related records
• Establishes and maintains a control environment ensuring records are reviewed regularly
• Maintains payroll information by updating payroll records on a timely basis
• Review and approve changes within the payroll module which affect an employees pay, deductions or reporting requirements
• Pays employees through the issuance of electronic transfers to bank accounts or pay cards
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
• Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies
• Liaison regarding payroll related questions to management and staff as necessary
• Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Responsible for the reconciliation of payroll and payroll related reporting as it relates to all financial, tax and government reporting requirements (including, but not limited to: OMB A133, GAAP Audit, 990, Incurred Cost Submission
• Responsible for the coordination and successful completion of audits of payroll related data
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency of the payroll and related processes
• Assist with ongoing financial operations such as Accounts Payable, payroll and other related journal entries, and Compliance Audits
• Ad hoc reporting as required
Limited travel may be required
• Other duties as required
• Minimum 10-12 years of Payroll Related process experience including compliance, reporting, timekeeping, physical payments, etc.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
• Experience with Defense Contracting Accounting System Experience with qualified accounting system (Ultipro/Deltek Costpoint preferable)
• Familiar with Benefits Administration, Worker’s Compensation and Developing Payroll standards
• Familiarity with Accounting Principles, FASB and Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, under frequently changing priorities
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and collaborate effectively across functional areas.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.