Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-146-INT: OPIR Ground Systems Technical Subject Matter Expert
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Buckley AFB, CO
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time OPIR Ground Systems Technical Subject Matter Expert in the Denver, Colorado area. This position is part of a team providing support to the OPIR Working Group and NGA/SXMD at Buckley AFB, CO.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Provide technical expertise to IC and DoD OPIR integration efforts and apply understanding of OPIR Community
requirements and priorities to facilitate discussions toward interoperable and collaborative solutions and common
• Forge trusted relationships with senior government counterparts in a dynamic, fast moving environment
• Possess command of the OPIR program office portfolio including technical baseline, project schedules,
dependencies, risks and costs
• Support OWG efforts to integrate into the NGA GEOINT Committee (GEOCOM) governance structure to include
data standards and OPIR
• Support development of documentation for new OPIR capabilities and technologies and develop briefing material
for user integrated process team (IPTs), working groups, and communities of interest (COIs)
• Apply understanding of current OPIR system status, development, and issues to create presentations for IC and
DoD users, customers, and leadership
• Apply understanding of system development, OPIR technical discipline and operational methodologies to support
successful system integration
• Advise teammates on architectural decisions to include investment strategies, acquisition portfolio priorities, and
risk assessment of project execution
• Support the technical-transition framework (TTF) in the role of project coordinator; support management and
development of the TTF process
• Provide support to OWG meetings and support actions of the OWG Business Operations Manager (BOM)
• Manage and/or facilitate strategic and tactical-level OPIR integration efforts between the DoD and NGA; foster
• Apply system engineering and development experience to system designs in an operational context; propose
creative and innovative solutions to problems as required; review of CONOPs, requirements, and user needs
• Coordinate with NSG community (e.g. Services, DoD , others) in the areas of acquisition requirements and data
standards; create, promote and advocate for transitional architecture and data concepts
• Support successful & efficient integration across several project areas to support the evolution of joint data
standards, OPIR tools, techniques, policies, and processes to support data standards
• Coordinate directly with NGA and NRO leadership to ensure successful integration of resources into the NSG
framework (e.g. RTS, Cloud based capabilities, The Platform), and collection
operations resources (e.g. PGMM)
• Other duties as assigned
• Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Bachelors degree in engineering, physics, science, math or related technical fields that emphasize solving complex
• Minimum 10 years experience in OPIR mission area in support of NGA, a service intelligence center, or DoD service
• Strong understanding of OPIR systems, phenomenology, and operations to include data transfer & storage, as well
as associated ground architecture
• Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
• Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player
• Graduate degree in engineering, physics, science, math, or other related technical fields
• Familiarity with DoD, IC, NSG/ASG organizational structures, missions, and programmatics
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.