Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-018-EGR: Signal Processing Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time signal-processing engineer in the Dayton, Ohio area to bridge software to firmware. This customer facing position will support estimation of Position, Navigation, and Timing using C++, Python, VHDL, Verilog, and other signal processing tools. You will be part of a small team of highly skilled software and hardware engineers working to solve and transition the most critical technological challenges of our age. In this early to mid-career position, you will collaboratively advance your expertise using all available information across all signal-processing domains.
This position is located in Dayton, OH—the birthplace of aviation and home to the Wright Brothers and the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force. Dayton has a blend of big-city amenities coupled with Midwestern charm and hospitality for you to experience. From visiting the 100-year-old Dayton Art Institute and trying local cuisine at the Oregon District to enjoying the hundreds of miles of trails for hiking and biking, and the waterways for kayaking and fishing—Dayton offers activities for everyone to enjoy.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Collaborate with multiple teams in the design, development, and implementation of advanced PNT and signal integrity algorithms in a large existing software and HDL code base
• Interpret customer needs for new features and/or modified functionality and develop requirements specifications
• Implement, test, and analyze code
• Generate code documentation, write status reports and research reports
• Work with the team to develop novel approaches to solve existing and emerging problems
• Work with the team to develop research plans and scope near-term expectations
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in EE, CS, CEG or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 2 years of relevant experience
• Significant experience programming in C++ and other high level languages
• Strong desire to push the state-of-the-possible
• Coursework or experience programming FPGAs using VHDL or Verilog
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas to senior management and work effectively in a dynamic team environment
• Support the security clearance process up to TS/SCI; responsibility is commensurate with final clearance
• Current security clearance is desired but not required
• Software command line make tools, python scripts, etc. in a Linux environment
• Embedded systems software development in a real-time environment
• GPS systems, GNSS signal processing, and PNT estimation
• Alternative PNT estimation using available signals and data links
• Test and analysis of integrated Software Defined Radios and Firmware Defined Radios
• Analyzing and modifying large existing code bases
• Signal Processing and design in an FPGA environment using VHDL targeting Xilinx SoC devices
• Xilinx Vivado development tools
• Embedded ARM processors
• Inertial navigation, Kalman filtering, and target tracking
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.