Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-041-EGR: Network Simulation Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking an experienced Network Simulation Engineering to join a combat simulation and analysis team. The mission encompasses spectrum warfare, including electronic warfare (EW) and information operations (IO). The team works to model, simulate, and analyze sensors, weapon systems, C3 systems, and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) in a simulation and lab environment. Concepts are modeled at the physics, engineering, engagement, and mission levels.
The team will research, design, develop, and evaluate high-fidelity models of “Red” and “Blue” systems and technologies to include sensors, weapons, command control algorithms and components, network links, and EW/IO systems and techniques. The overall mission of the team is to provide expert systems engineering, MS&A, software design and development, demonstration and testing, statistical analysis and assessments, weapon model integration, reverse engineering/analysis, and software configuration management.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
HIRES WITH AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS.
The network simulation engineer will provide the modeling & simulation analysis team with the technical knowledge of network routing and protocols for communication/computer networks in a virtual combat environment. The network simulation engineer will provide expertise in analyzing performance and predict target/data set behaviors.
• Decompose customer questions into analytic objectives, measures of performance and effectiveness, and apply the decomposition into modeling and simulation environments
• Develop modeling and simulation scenarios to predict the behavior of computer and communication networks
• Experience with modeling network devices, links and related applications
• Document, report, and present on technical, scientific, and engineering findings
• Other duties as assigned
Seeking a motivated leader with ability to comprehend the networking process from start to finish and to manage long-term, project-based work with a team.
• Active Secret clearance, Top Secret preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
• 3+ years’ experience with network modeling in a simulation/lab environment, to include design, routing, and implementing protocols
• Ability to locate and exploit vulnerabilities in ill-defined networks
• Solid understanding of networks and all of their associated components•
• Experience with some of the following:
Java, Python, or C++
Network switching, routing
Software defined networks (SDN)
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
• Experience with and understanding of OPNET
• Capability to reverse engineer foreign networks
• Top Secret security clearance
Riverside Research will consider other qualified candidates with various years of applicable experience and education.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.