Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-010-MDL: Senior Engineer
Looking for a career with purpose? One that challenges your mind, grows your skills and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join Riverside Research's Satellite Collection Planning Suite development team! These mission critical efforts include development of innovative enterprise, cloud, scalable, and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, and collection orchestration along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of space-based programs in support of national security.
We are a passionate team who apply cutting edge advances in optimization and cloud-native solutions to solve real-world challenges using agile methodologies in a collaborative environment that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. In this new role, you will participate in the research, design, development, testing, optimization, and deployment of complex new solutions supporting mission critical programs for defense and intelligence users across the globe.
The selected candidate will have experience developing applications utilizing C# in an agile development environment. You will use your technical expertise and problem solving skills to develop a wide variety of operational grade software solutions (i.e., ASP .NET MVC web applications, thick clients leveraging WPF, web services, etc.) that are reliable, maintainable and extensible using Visual Studio .NET (C#) and Microsoft SQL Server on a Windows Platform.
All positions with Riverside Research require U.S. citizenship.
• Support validation and verification of technical characteristics and performance of airborne and space-based platforms and sensors
• Work closely with engineering leads, software developers, program managers, and testers to design, develop and deploy CPS
• Translate operational needs into technical requirements; prepare supporting documentation
• Represent the Riverside Research development team at customer meetings
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET//SCI clearance
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Experience with software development
• Experience with orbital mechanics and satellite modeling, preferably in the domain of collection planning
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and drive to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous fashion
• Master’s degree or higher in a technical discipline, preferably in Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Science
• Experience working in a Windows environment (Windows Server 2012 preferred)
• Working knowledge of two or more programming languages
• Active Secret clearance
• Experience working with a distributed technical team
• Experience working with Agile methodologies, such as scrum or SAFe
• Experience working as project manager and/or a scrum master
• Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA and Confluence)
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.