Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-104-INT: Systems Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Patrick AFB, FL
Riverside Research is seeking systems engineers with expertise in architecture development, prototyping, HW/SW, system test and integration, and project management to help lead multiple, complex, enterprise-wide IT initiatives for a DoD customer. This position will join a team of engineers, developers, scientists, and analysts with diverse backgrounds and collaborate directly with government stakeholders to design solutions to numerous problem sets. This position desires an active TS/SCI and requires U.S. citizenship.
• Design and oversee end-to-end architecture efforts for acquisition program office
• Identify system, data, hardware, or software components required to meet mission objectives; including systems and applications, prototype research, development, test, and evaluation, algorithm development, modeling and simulation
• Assist evaluation of the technical merits of various R&D efforts and provide independent design and technical feedback on various systems and applications being developed to aid in exploitation and analysis processes.
• Provide systems engineering, software engineering and other engineering disciplines as required to assess feasibility of technical, performance, and programmatic characteristics of current and future technology development
• Initiate, develop, assess and communicate architecture strategies to senior leadership internally and stakeholders externally
• Manage design process via existing configuration control boards; assist in streamlining configuration management processes
• Provide subject matter expertise in tactics and training meetings and conferences discussing computer systems engineering technology
• Other duties as assigned • Provide programmatic expertise and advice to the government program manager
• Assist in current-year and out-year program planning
• Aid in the definition and management of acquisition strategy and future planning
• Coordinate with technical experts to ensure program requirements are met
• Coordinate with external agencies on program performance
• Document and present status of ongoing and upcoming projects
• Report program status to senior leadership in support of communication and program advocacy
• Aid the creation of task orders to address program office objectives
• Review status of projects and budgets, manage schedules, and prepare status reports
• Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals
• Other duties as assigned
• Active Top Secret SCI clearance (TS/SCI)
• Master’s Degree in engineering discipline
• 10+ years of experience in systems engineering or similar field with a robust understanding of hardware and software systems and configuration processes
• Broad knowledge of IT and computer software
• Experience in development and review of programmatic technical analysis and reports
• Ability to work effectively in teams or independently
• Ability to work with a wide range of individuals or teams to support a common goal
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and client-handling skills, with an ability to explain technical detail to non-technical audiences
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.