Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-119-INT: Customer Service Specialist / Office Manager
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
We are seeking an exceptionally bright, flexible, poised, and self-motivated individual to become a Riverside Research Customer Service Specialist / Office Manager. This position will also include some Facility Security Officer responsibilities. As the face of our Champaign Research Office, you will partner with all parts of the enterprise to ensure that the office runs smoothly, and in parallel with our company culture and business objectives. Your job bridges strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution and requires the ability to meet deadlines, anticipate needs and requests, and juggle multiple high priority requests. This role comes with many opportunities to impact a rapidly growing company!
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
Call Center Responsibilities:
• Be a member of a small customer support and training center for high-availability web-based applications
• Provide support to end users for both technical and process related issues as pertaining to the software applications.
• Provide policy-based solutions to end users in response to requests placed through any supported media
• Initiate, resolve, and document all support requests that are received
• Occasionally manage complex, external, user interactions that may fall outside the established procedures and protocols
• Generate reports regarding the up to date status on all support issues including hardware and software updates, patches, and enhancements
• Provide software testing for the application, to be coordinated with the software development team
• Design and document use cases and test plans
• Execute test plans on an as needed basis
• Provide reports regarding results of testing and evaluation
• Generation of data regarding system usage that can be leveraged for customer reports
• Investigate and research testing scenarios and tools that can be used to make the overall process more efficient
• Other duties as assigned
Office Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage office supplies; stock, inventory and order adequate quantities to support office operations
• Organize office parties, morale/holiday events and summer outings
• Manage meetings; including schedule, prepare rooms, and process visitors
• Initiate & track work orders; monitor facility status, request work orders, and escort maintenance staff
• Design and implement office processes by establishing standards and procedures
• Conduct In-processing/out-processing actions; welcome new hires, provide HR documentation, check identification, assist with badge creation, conduct office orientation, and prepare office assignment
• Escort visitors/vendors within the facility
• Maintain Purchase Card; make purchases for office requirements and submit expense reports
• Participate in facility budget planning
• Key mechanism for communicating with assigned employees
• Work with Automated Information Systems (AIS) Security staff, office, and facility professionals
• Other duties as assigned
Facility Security Officer Responsibilities:
• Manage security program; Maintain security requirements necessary to keep the facility operational to meet mission requirements
• Join an effective security team; work with other highly capable security team members located at other cleared facilities through-out the U.S.
• Trusted to interpret and enforce Government, customer and company security policies and provide direction and guidance to highly-trained professionals for all security matters
• Interface professionally with company leadership, Govt and business customers, and visitors
• Initiate background investigation requests (including fingerprinting) using e-QIP via DISS/JPAS and processing SCI access for sensitive programs
• Understand contracts, SOW's (statement of work) and DD254's and task orders to determine security requirements
• Provide day-to-day administration and oversight of classified activities, develop local policy, and maintain continuous control over all media
• Provide prime/subcontractor security support and direction including the development and maintenance of DD254's, security guidance, and classified holdings
• Develop and revise security plans, procedures, instructions and educational material
• Provide classification guidance to program personnel, conduct security briefings, participate in self-inspections and audits, and investigate security incidents
• Provide other security services including Personnel Security, Physical Security, Communications Security (COMSEC), Document Control and Visitor Control
• Other duties as assigned
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
• The ability to lift over 50 lbs.
• The availability to respond to any security related calls on a 24/7 basis, including responding to the office, unless otherwise scheduled off
• Demonstrated desire to grown and learn new technologies.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on working with end users over the telephone and via email
• Good collaboration skills, allowing working within a larger team in order to fulfill necessary roles for the local office and employees
• Ability to work independently within defined processes and procedures for providing support
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to document processes and procedures, or updated existing documents, when needed
• Knowledgeable in customer support and call center support best procedures and practices
• Strong organizational skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and priorities
• Good focus and attention to detail for policies, procedures, customer interactions, and office support responsibilities
• Current Secret/Top Secret security clearance
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Demonstrated experience in dealing directly with end users in a supportive and productive fashion
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex client interactions that sometimes fall outside of the established procedures and protocols
• Strong technical writing skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe PDF document formats
• Some experience supporting a software system or computer systems for end users
• Some experience in routine maintenance with respect to office equipment, office space, and other minor items.
• Some experience in the scheduling and facilitating of drills, random inspections, and training of personnel
• Experience in organizing office-wide morale improving events, such as holiday parties
• Experience managing and maintaining security policies and procedures
• Some experience in dealing with security, maintenance, and office personnel
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.