Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-012-MDL: Software Development/Testing Intern
Looking for a career with purpose? One that challenges your mind, grows your skills and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join Riverside Research's Satellite Collection Planning Suite development team! These mission critical efforts include development of innovative enterprise, cloud, scalable, and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, and collection orchestration along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of space-based programs in support of national security.
We are a passionate team who apply cutting edge advances in optimization and cloud-native solutions to solve real-world challenges using agile methodologies in a collaborative environment that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. In this role, you will participate in the research, design, development, testing, optimization, and deployment of complex new solutions supporting mission critical programs for defense and intelligence users across the globe.
The selected candidate will have experience developing applications utilizing C# in an agile development environment. You will use your technical expertise and problem solving skills to develop a wide variety of operational grade software solutions (i.e., ASP .NET MVC web applications, thick clients leveraging WPF, web services, etc.) that are reliable, maintainable and extensible using Visual Studio .NET (C#) and Microsoft SQL Server on a Windows Platform.
• Work closely with engineering leads, software engineers, program managers, and testers to design, develop and deploy software
• Be a part of an Agile Scrum Team
• Be a part of a distributed development team
• Use best industry practices in designing, developing, documenting, testing and deploying their design
• Will need good organizational, time-management, verbal communication, and written communication skills
• Performs all other duties as assigned
• A student pursing degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, or other related fields
• At least one software development course
• Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills
• Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented
• Interest in satellites or aircraft planning OR communications and signal processing
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET//SCI clearance
• Experience with in web-based technologies, methodologies and architectures, including HTTP, HTML, AJAX, XML, JSON, and Oracle
• Experience with Visual Studio 2013/15
• Experience with SOAP and REST Services
• Experience with User Interface development
• Experience generating automated tests
• Classes or experiences with dynamics
• Classes or experiences with software development
• Strong research and analytical skills
• 3.0 or higher GPA in technical major
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.