Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-109-INT: Software Engineer
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Patrick AFB, FL
Riverside Research is seeking software engineers with knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and programming languages to help lead multiple, complex, enterprise-wide IT initiatives for a DoD customer. This position will join a team of engineers, scientists, and analysts with diverse backgrounds and collaborate directly with government stakeholders to design solutions to numerous problem sets. This position desires an active TS/SCI and requires U.S. citizenship.
• Provide technical leadership to the vision, design, and oversight of complex projects, focused on software and enterprise IT solutions
• Function as a subject matter expert focused on software development efforts, including current and emerging software technology, integration, feasibility, and resource needs
• Provide insight and technical contribution as needed to a wide range of engineering tasks, e.g. requirements management, prototyping, test and evaluation, etc
• Coordinate between government leadership, development teams, vendors, and system users to ensure system planning, design, and implementation meets mission needs and resource constraints
• Work with the customer to identify and document software requirements
• Evaluate proposed designs and pre-existing COTS/GOTS, and other emerging software solutions to ensure customer requirements are satisfied
• Identify, document, and track project risks related to software development efforts
• Review and assess systems engineering documentation generated by development teams
• Develop and/or oversee development of test documentation, from planning to reporting stages
• Ensure robust documentation and coordination on system test issues
• Create and maintain software related systems engineering documentation related to the overall program
• Other duties as assigned
• Active TS/SCI preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or computer Science discipline or 5+ years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
• Experience in systems engineering or similar field with a robust understanding of software systems and design
• Broad knowledge of IT and computer software
• Familiarity with modern and emerging programming and common software development methodologies
• Experience with AI/ML/automation and other technology-enabled software tools
• Familiarity with signal analysis, algorithm development, and related software tools
• Experience in development and review of programmatic technical analysis and reports
• Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices
• Ability to work effectively in teams or independently
• Ability to work with a wide range of individuals or teams to support a common goal
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and client-handling skills, with an ability to explain technical detail to non-technical audiences
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.