Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2017-064-EGR: Network Cyber Effects Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
*Riverside Research is seeking a full-time Network Cyber Effects Engineer for Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. This position will require in-depth technical knowledge of network routing and protocols and the ability to share highly technical information with the team.
Communication/computer networks have become too complex for traditional analytical methods to provide an accurate understanding of system behavior, network simulators are used. In simulators, the computer network is modeled with devices, links, applications etc. and the performance is analyzed.
• Decompose customer questions into analytic objectives, measures of performance and effectiveness, and apply the decomposition into modeling and simulation environments
• Develop modeling and simulation scenarios to predict the effect of offensive and defensive cyber operations on computer and communication networks
• Experience with modeling network devices, links and related applications
• Document, report, and present on technical, scientific, and engineering findings
• Other duties as assigned
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
• Must have an active US Government Secret clearance
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline
• 8+ years of experience with offensive and defensive cyber operations, techniques and effects
• Deep understanding and technical knowledge of network routing and protocols
• Motivated leader with ability to comprehend the networking process from start to finish and to manage long-term, project-based work with a team
• Experience with some of the following: Linux, Java, Python, or C++; network switching, routing, signaling, and scripting; and software defined networks (SDN)
• Possess strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.