Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-066-EGR: Senior Antenna Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research is seeking a Senior RF Antenna Engineer for its operations at WPAFB, Ohio. Position is to provide design, development and testing support for antenna research experiments and projects. This position requires eligibility to obtain a Secret clearance.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Have significant knowledge of antenna designs (e.g., dipole, horn, small antennas, wideband antennas, high gain antennas, arrays)
• Use commercial electromagnetics solvers (HFSS, CST, COMSOL) to simulate various antenna designs
• Characterize antenna radar cross section, radiation patterns, impedance match, polarization, etc.
• Optimize designs to meet customer specifications
• Use periodic simulations, PMLs, impedance boundary conditions
• Plan, set up and undertake controlled experiments and trials
• Record and analyze data
• Present research results to the customer
• Write reports, reviews and summaries
• Keep up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments
Responsibilities include the following duties related to fabricating and characterizing antennas:
• Environmental, Health, and Safety standard compliance for the laboratory facilities
• Work with the Facility Managers to identify repair needs or upgrades of any equipment not up to standard
• Use chemical etching and mechanical milling to pattern printed circuit boards
• Use additive manufacturing techniques to rapidly assemble dielectric fixtures
• Assemble all necessary components on an antenna so that the design can be tested
• Work to maintain and encourage a safe environment through periodic employee training and effective management
• Use anechoic chamber to measure an antenna under test’s gain, radiation pattern, polarization
• Use near field scanning system to characterize the antenna near and far fields
• Develop experimental setups to characterize electromagnetic properties of materials
Responsibilities include the following non-laboratory duties:
• Support project management by providing work statements, budget, schedule, and project status
• Develop or amend study protocols
• Develop data collection tools
• Other duties as assigned
Must be a US citizen and eligible to obtain a Secret clearance
Bachelors in a field relevant to research being conducted or equivalent years of experience
• Successful candidates for this position will be capable of design, development and test of antennas in a research laboratory environment
• Previous experience is required
Desired Competencies include:
• Knowledge of relevant scientific field(s)
• Radio Frequency
• Knowledge of research techniques or methods
• Antenna design experience using computational Electromagnetic software suites (HFSS, CST, Feko) from VHF through mm-wave bands including phased arrays, microstrip antennas, planar and conformal antennas
• Proven analytical problem-solving skills
• Antenna testing experience in far-field and compact anechoic chambers
• Knowledge of RF/electronic equipment fabrication and assembly
• Material measurement experience characterizing broadband complex permittivity’s of unknown samples
• Proven analytical problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products – Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Knowledge and familiarity with basic machine tools and 3D printers a plus
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.