Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-113-INT: Machine Learning Scientist
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research’s Intelligence and Defense Solutions (IDS) directorate is seeking a Machine Learning (ML) Scientist to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) at Wright Patterson AFB, OH. Responsibilities will include designing and implementing ML solutions to support geospatial analysis. Candidates must be technically proficient and have real-word experience devising and implementing practical and sustainable ML solutions.
You will be working with a team of Riverside Research, government, and contractor personnel supporting ML projects related to overhead imagery. The work is in support of both US Air Force and Intelligence Community programs.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
HIRES WITH AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI (TS/SCI) CLEARANCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $7,500 SIGN-ON BONUS.
• Assess customer systems and processes for application of machine learning / artificial intelligence technologies to support their needs
• Create and prototype machine learning approaches to demonstrate efficacy
• Coordinate with external agencies and research partners on emerging methods and technologies for the application of ML/AI
• Communicate advanced ML/AI concepts to senior leadership to facilitate decision making
• Perform basic and applied research in applying ML solutions to complex problems and datasets; document and present research results and the status of ongoing or emerging projects
• Occasional travel may be required
• Other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field with specialization in artificial intelligence and/or machine learning
• High degree of proficiency with programming languages and software packages related to the development of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms
• Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
• Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team player
• Current Top Secret clearance with SCI adjudication
• Doctorate degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field with specialization in artificial intelligence and/or machine learning
• Agile software development experience/certifications
• Technical project management and oversight experience
• Experience working with or in support of Department of Defense (DoD) or intelligence community (IC) organizations
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.