Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2020-041-RDL: Sr. Test Engineer
Lackland AFB TX
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time a Sr. Test Engineer at Lackland AFB.
The Early Systems Engineering Section’s (HNCEX) mission is to apply Early Systems Engineering processes to determine where further action, such as concept refinement and technology maturation activities, are needed. The program’s primary goal is to understand the state of the Air Force cryptographic enterprise in order to advise staffs and programs and be a part of the solutions that will serve Air Force users. HNCEX performs studies and analysis to understand the current cryptographic inventory and how cryptography is used across the Air Force/DoD; analyzes the impact of NSA cryptographic decertification to Air Force weapon systems; performs analysis of alternatives activities to recommend best way ahead to close cryptographic capability/security gaps; partners with industry, academia, DoD agencies, and other Services on risk reduction, technology/standards/prototype-development efforts to enable information dominance; and helps facilitate NSA security evaluation and certification activities for cryptographic modernization activities. In addition, HNCEX completes the documentation and coordination required prior to a Materiel Development Decision and provides Program Objective Memorandum (POM) justification and crypto planning activities. All of these tasks support critical Cryptographic Modernization (CM) developments and support PEO, Lead Command, and SAF decision making processes.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
The Contractor shall be able to provide technical and engineering support for major IT Test and Evaluation (T&E) to include but not be limited to:
• Documenting the review, test concept development, test methodology development, test plan development, test execution, and test reporting, data reduction and analysis, and end-user operational testing.
• Using Design of Experiments methods to plan and conduct test programs.
• Independently prepare (or direct others in the preparation of) criteria, computation/analyses, specifications, cost estimates test plans, and technical reports in the specific area of technical expertise.
• Select and apply engineering techniques and procedures to analyze and evaluate specific problem, data, or other features of the work which are broad in scope and complexity.
• Review and evaluate the quantity, quality, and overall adequacy of results and conclusions drawn from accomplishment of test engineering tasks.
• Devise new and innovative approaches to problems encountered, and accomplish assigned tasks with efficiency, timeliness, and thoroughness.
• Evaluate the configuration, capability, and operational relevance of test environments and ensure they are properly available for the thorough testing of software releases (e.g. fault insertion/fault identification).
• Deconflict schedule conflicts between multiple releases, providing high quality analysis and recommendations to the program test lead.
• Operate with general instructions; but select portions of work are reviewed in detail to measure adequacy of approach, execution, and presentation.
• Must have and be able to maintain an active DoD Top Secret security clearance.
• Functionally Aligned Minimum Recommended Education/Experience Requirements: Advanced degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, of which 5 years must be in the DoD, or a BA/BS degree and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, of which 5 year must be in the DoD, or 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications as described in the Functionally Aligned Job Descriptions, of which 8 year must be in the DoD.
• Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field, possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
• Will demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise (Program Office, Enterprise and Staff Level Support interface).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.