Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-072-INT: Systems Administrator
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Riverside Research's Intelligence and Defense Solutions Directorate (IDS) has a full-time opening in the Dayton area for a systems administrator. The candidate will perform system administration duties on 10 systems located on 4 networks, will maintain system documentation, will assist with Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation, perform systems configuration, conduct system back-ups, test and install system patches, and provide troubleshooting/resolving technical issues. The candidate will be working on a team with 8 highly motivated and mission-focused members. This position requires an active Top Secret/ SCI clearance.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Perform system administrator duties on systems located on four networks
• Apply operating system updates and patches on a monthly or as needed basis
• Repair and recover the system from hardware or software failures
• Assist in evaluating corrective measures if an incident or vulnerability is discovered
• Create, update, and manage multiple Virtual Machine images
• Install, connect, configure, troubleshoot, and perform routine maintenance on systems located on three separate networks for the operating system, software, and hardware
• Maintain virtual systems, data protection to include backups, data/disaster recovery, and data flow
• Maintain system documentation to include Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation
• Other duties and tasks as assigned
• Associates degree with 8 years’ experience or Bachelor's degree with 6 years’ experience; degree must be in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a closely related field
• Security + Certified
• Active TS/SCI Clearance with CI Polygraph eligibility
• 6 years of systems administration experience
• Operating Systems
o RHEL 6 or higher
o Oracle 12c or higher
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.