Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-090-INT: Information Assurance Manager (Systems Administrator)
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full-time member of the research team to work in the Champaign, Illinois area. Candidate will provide information assurance management for a production software system that needs to maintain accreditation for customers to continue using it, as well as providing design and support for an updated version of the system in the future. This position will support a program that has users worldwide and that is looking to continue to grow.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Under general direction, carries out all phases of information assurance/networks security program that involves access to computers and computerized data
• Establish guidelines and policies surrounding risk and security
• Have a leading role in information security audits and assessments of current and future systems, whether performed by the organization or by third-party personnel, to ensure that mitigations are in place
• Create procedures and conduct regular reviews in accordance with requirements.
• Develop and maintain information systems security policies and procedures to ensure they meet requirements as defined in security plans.
• Plan usage of, implement, test, and operate firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems, and software deployment tools
• Plan for and implement safeguarding of the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure
• Research, evaluate, test, recommend, and implement new security software or devices
• Implement, enforce, communicate and develop security policies and procedures for data, software library usage, hardware, telecommunications, and information systems security education and awareness programs
• Develop, implement, and monitor backup policies, and test restorations of files and complete systems
• Supervise IT projects from an information assurance perspective in order to bring the correct level of security implementation allowing for smooth project implementation and management
• Monitor hardware and software for any suspicious behavior or traffic
• Document best practices for security and information assurance based on business and user requirements
• Conduct investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management
• Respond to queries and requests for computer security information and reports
• Act as a liaison between IT, Security, and program management
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
• 5 years working in this position, or equivalent experience
• Experience with IA standards and frameworks:
o Risk Management Framework (RMF)
o DoD IA Certification and Accreditation (DIACAP)
o Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
o Implementing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs)
o Cyber security vulnerability assessment and risk mitigation
• Knowledge of federal security requirements and mandates (FIPs, NIST, CNSSI)
o Familiarity with network and information system security principles and best practices
• Current certification identified in DoD Manual 8570.01-M for IAT III
• Experience designing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining network topologies and information systems as part of a security focused production system
• Experience creating, updating, and maintaining procedures for secure operation of IT assets
o Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTMs), and Configuration Management.
o Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support assessment and authorizations.
• Experience with generating artifacts and documentation required for system assessment and accreditation
• Experience managing Cisco Systems networking hardware
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work and design schedules to meet the desired requirements
• Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, hard-working
• Ability to demonstrate a positive, logical, and proactive approach while executing assigned tasks
• Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and independently with minimum supervision
• Security Certifications: CompTIA Security+, CISSP,CEH, or similar
• Networking Certifications: CompTIA Network+, CCNA, CCNP, or similar
• Experience with VMWare vSphere or other virtualization technologies
• Experience with Windows Server 2008 and newer, Microsoft Exchange Server, IIS 6.0 and newer, SQL Server 2008 and newer
• Ability to work in demanding and pressurizing timescales
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong writing skills with experience writing technical documentation and reports
• Experience with tools used for monitoring network and system performance
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong briefing skills with experience presenting material in public
• A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
• A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
• Ability to work in demanding and pressurizing timescales
• DoD Secret Level Security Clearance (or the ability to obtain and maintain this clearance upon position acceptance)
• Experience with the Department of Defense and/or the Intelligence Community
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.