Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-019-RDL: Electrical and Systems Engineering Internship
Riverside Research is looking for an Intern/ Co-op with a strong interest in systems engineering and the ability to rapidly learn radar system performance analysis, including design and capability assessment.
The work is to be performed primarily at our Radar Assessment and Development Laboratory (RAD Lab) located in Lexington, MA.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
• Provide systems support for sensors, create toolsets to assist with performance analysis
• Perform analysis of radar data to determine performance health of the system
• Assess viability of differing M&S approaches and opportunities to integrate into existing radar analysis tools
• Investigate and resolve system and software anomalies
• Participate in radar system modernization and architecture studies
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be a current U.S Citizen
• Must be eligible for a DoD Security Clearance (current U.S. citizen, no felony record, no major financial issues, no illegal drug use)
• Enrollment in a Bachelors or Masters Degree program in Electrical Engineering or related scientific field
• 3.2 GPA or higher
• Assist with prototyping algorithm in MATLAB, C or C++
• Programing of software defined radios and FPGA’s
• Understand basic signal processing fundamentals and know how to implement them in hardware.
• Understand fundaments in communication systems, like modulation coding.
• Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and waveform generators
• Other duties as assigned
Applicable coursework that is considered helpful includes:
• Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
• Probability/Noise and Stochastic Processes
• Programming & Software Experience: MATLAB, C/C++, Java, Python, HTML, Linux
• Linear systems
• Digital signal processing
• Communication systems
• Digital image processing
• Data mining
• Data systems/structures
• Parallel computing
• RF/Microwave Engineering
• Microwave Circuits and Networks
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.