Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2018-003-MDL: Director of Modeling & Applications Development
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
Riverside Research’s Sensors and Systems Business Unit has an immediate opening for a Director of our Modeling and Applications Development Group, located in Centerville, VA.
• Supervise, coordinate, and review work of a staff of aerospace engineers, software developers, and other engineers working out of our Centerville office. Manage complex efforts in modeling and simulation, application development, R&D prototypes, collection and mission management operations, and other development efforts for our IC customers
• Extend existing business lines and develop new R&D business lines with the NRO and NGA. This includes developing relationships with the technical staff at these organizations, clearly communicating our unique technical value proposition, and directing the preparation of proposals, white papers, demos, and presentations
• Supervise design, configuration, development, test, deployment, sustainment, and operation of client and cloud-based solutions. Provide subject matter expertise in application development, and design optimization. Collaborate with our Open Innovation Center (OIC) to develop innovative concepts that will advance the group’s expertise and create new solutions for our customers
• Maintain our CCMI Level 3 accredited process, both waterfall and agile methodologies
• Provide project management support for customer funded and research and development efforts and help to define and implement long-term strategy and vision for the group
• Assist in developing financial strategy, develop revenue projections, and manage overhead/travel budgets for the group
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance(current clearance preferred)
• Must have direct experience in NGA and/or NRO
• Must have a BS degree or higher in and engineering field
• Prefer a BS degree or higher in a Computer Science related field
• 10 years of experience in the DoD or Intelligence Community
• 5 years of supervisory experience
• 5 years of GEOINT, SIGINT, or MASINT experience
• Demonstrated understanding of program management processes
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
• Superior interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal
• Ability to mentor junior team members
• Ability to travel
• Willingness to perform other duties as assigned
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.