Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
Intelligence & Defense Solutions
Riverside Research’s IDS Business Unit is seeking a full-time Scientist/Algorithm Developer in scientific research for SWARM algorithm development in support of the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency in the Washington DC metro area.
The Intelligence and Defense Solutions (IDS) Business Unit within Riverside Research is comprised of exceptionally talented and dedicated individuals, working as a team, who assist IC and DoD customers in accomplishing their critical missions. Within IDS, we provide services spanning program management and advocacy, systems engineering, research and development, intelligence analytics, mission planning, and software engineering. IDS currently assists three national intelligence agencies, three U.S. Service Intelligence Centers, and a variety of additional clients serving national and tactical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance missions.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
HIRES WITH AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI (TS/SCI) CLEARANCE ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A $7,500 SIGN-ON BONUS.
• The Scientist/Algorithm Developer will work to improve image correlation.
• Conducts experiments, investigations, observations and related research studies into the nature and operation of natural phenomena in a particular field, using the scientific method.
• Develops theories for understanding, characterizing and organizing natural phenomena into a systematic and meaningful pattern for the benefit of project advancement and emerging technologies.
• Active Top Secret/SCI Required. CI Polygraph required.
• Master’s degree in technical field with 9+ years of experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related science. In place of the degree, may substitute 19 years of relevant work experience.
• Strong interest in algorithm development
• Experience with handling and classifying data. Proficient with feature detection / matching. Should be able to incorporate geometry metadata to improve probability of detection. Expertise should include image processing and the ability to code Java. Desired expertise includes photogrammetry.
• Efficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated leadership, analytical, organization, problem-solving, supervision, and interpersonal skills
• Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
• Oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff
• Ability to perform functional duties independently
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.