Job Opportunity Portal
Log back in
to the Career Portal and click on 'Job Browsing/History' and find the job you're looking for.
2019-002-EGR: Signal Processing/Software/Electrical Engineer
Engineering & Support Solutions
Riverside Research is seeking a full time Signal Processing/Software/Electrical Engineer with a passion for learning. You will conduct meaningful research in Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) estimation using Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) and other signals that will impact users for generations to come. This early to mid-career position is located in the Dayton OH region, with access to over 300 miles of paved bicycle trails and over a 100 miles of river to navigate. This position does not require a clearance but must have eligibility to obtain one.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Work closely with a team in the design, development, and implementation of advanced PNT and signal integrity algorithms in a large existing software and HDL code base • Interpret customer needs for new features and/or modified functionality and develop requirements specifications
• Implement code and perform testing, including developing unit tests
• Generate code documentation, write status reports and research reports
• Work with the team to develop novel approaches to solve existing and emerging problems
• Work with the team to develop research plans and scope near-term expectations
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, CEG or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Support the security clearance process up to Top Secret/SCI; responsibility is commensurate with final clearance
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas to senior management and work effectively in a dynamic team environment
• Software/hardware projects experience in a team environment
• Object-oriented programming skills in C++
• Coursework or experience with digital signal processing (FPGA, DSP)
• Software command line make tools, python scripts, etc. in a Linux environment
• Embedded systems software development in a real-time environment
• GPS systems, GNSS signal processing, and PNT estimation
• Alternative PNT estimation using available signals and data links
• Test and analysis of integrated Software Defined Radios and Firmware Defined Radios
• Visual Studio Code and Git
• Analyzing and modifying large existing code bases
• Signal Processing and design in an FPGA environment using VHDL targeting Xilinx SoC devices
• Xilinx Vivado development tools
• Embedded ARM processors
• Inertial navigation, Kalman filtering, and target tracking
• Active Secret or higher security clearance
Riverside Research will consider other qualified candidates with various years of applicable experience and education.
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.